I’ve been drawing since I was eight years old, it’s a very immediate way of recording points in time, of creating something new and requires only the most basic of materials. I often draw with black oil pastel, which allows me to quickly create a thick black line, offering a wider range of marks than ink.
I sometimes use poster paint to add colour or leave a drawing in it’s monochromatic black and white state, producing a diagrammatic effect.
I enjoy the simplicity of drawing; you can pick-up a stick and draw in the sand or dirt, or burn a small piece of wood, and make marks on a smooth surface; in this context it’s quite primeval.
Last 10 posts about drawings
- Instagram Daily Digest
- Forth-coming exhibition: Synaesthesia
- Telephone for Fabelist Synaesthesia exhibition
- Yellow telephone handsets – work in progress
- Ganesh Drawings
- Drawings of the dismantling of a football
- Photos by Juan Barte
- Ground Floor Left Gallery: Figuratively speaking (group show)
- Video of Acacia seed pod drawings at LAPIEZA (Part 2)
- Video of Acacia seed pod drawings at LAPIEZA (Part 1)